Saturday, February 14, 2009

housies

i still remember, when i told w about char last year, he immediately booked me in advance so he could celebrate my bday with me. this time, when he asked me if i wanted to go out on friday, and saturday as well, i guessed straightaway that he knew what had happened. i realize that sometimes you don't have to ask someone what's wrong to be a friend, or to make a person feel better.

but that said, i didn't expect l to ask me if i was ok either. thank God for housemates!

talking about housemates, my life in cornell has been shared with the most awesomest housemates ever. let's see. first it was yc, then yc again with llwq and spk , then w and l and finally lsm and kr. to think that so many people end up with monster roommates and housemates, i'm so thankful that God blessed me with friends who made my college life so much easier, considering the stormy relationships i put myself through. even r, whom i just cannot bring myself to like, did have little bright sparks here and there.

i think the most unlikely friend would have to be lsm. i hadn't known him before, and it was purely out of convenience/necessity that we became housemates. first impression wasn't great either, cos he just seemed quiet and not any fun at all. but i was totally wrong man. turns out he was an ah beng before cornell, and in the 1 short year together, he absolutely changed my impression of ah bengs. of course he was the smart, reformed type lah. not very typical. still, he was probably the most natural, generous, easygoing, mature and caring guy i've ever met. and great sportsman. loved him to bits and totally wanna be like him. i'm so happy that he's attached now, and happy for whoever the girl is!


i just hope that i was an ok housemate too.

No comments: