Thursday, April 28, 2005

ok i know i shouldn't be doing this, but i just finished this super long essay in preparation for my final paper tomorrow, and i REALLY cannot take it liao. need some avenue to let out my pent up frustrations and all my writing energy.

first, in response to queries about the pointlessness of my last blog, i'd like to say that the phrase was conceived in all seriousness. it was supposed to mean that the more messed up you perceive your life to be, the less you can handle. hence the overturned bowl that can't hold water; the torn up sponge that can't hold water; the bucket shot full of bullet holes that can't hold water; the clogged up toilet bowl that can't hold water... you get the idea. :)

from those infinite possibilities, i chose one that sounded the most philosophical, as well as one that transcended all cultures, race and nationalities (blah blah blah). but just before i began to explain the root of that phrase, i realized that i didn't want to start ranting about my problems again lest my blog degenerated once more into a rut of depression. I then decided to cloak the real meaning of the phrase behind a veil of whimsical musings, in the hope that discerning readers can just make out the poor distressed writer crying out for help.

alas, that was not to be.


.... well, the point is, it doesn't really matter what the logic was behind

"an overturned bowl holds no water".

what it did was to offer me, through writing, a release from my worries, my stress, and my potential sadness that thankfully did not manifest itself. and i would like to encourage anyone reading this that if you make life out to be happy, funny and joyous, it will be. Life is not doled out to us like rationed bread, it is whatever we want it to be. if you're a writer, keep writing. if you're an artist, keep drawing. but always resist pulling depression into your words or your paintbrush, because it will only drag you down and make your real world as dark as the one you're creating.


wah. CANUF is on a roll today.


anywayssssss.... toingee i finished your autograph! just hope you know that your book is running out of space. maybe you should give people a pda next time to write on, or even better, open up an autograph-blog! then you don't have to worry about people spilling coffee on your book, dogs eating it up, people like me getting lazy and taking a week to write etc etc.

talking about dogs, i went out of my house today and saw a cat staring straight at me. black with green eyes. so it's trying to get into the lobby shared by my 2 other neighbouring houses, and i am trying to catch a bus. being the socially conscious person that i am, i decided that catching my bus was more important and so i just opened the door and let it in. (not into my house lah just into the common lobby)

10 footsteps later, i hear a piercing scream from the exact same lobby i left behind just 5 seconds ago. realizing the unfortunate situation that i had unwittingly caused, i let the feeling of guilt sink in, increased my pace, and boarded the bus to school.

teehee.... :)

No comments: