Saturday, April 18, 2009

less bones

day 1 in portugal. it's a beautiful place, with pretty pretty buildings all around us. walking along the riverfront in lisbon reminded me of you, although this riverfront was a lot less memorable than the one we walked along, so many years ago.

it's been great so far though, with great company all through the long-ass flight here (and the longer-ass wait at amsterdamn airport. every single time i've been in the amsterdamn airport it's been a 6 hour wait. damn) and the happy little walk around baixa. love the steep alleys and run down facades, and the cool spring air. very nice. very unsingaporean.

as can be seen though, i havent been able to tear myself away from the internet. it's a weakness. but i'm not ashamed :)

had this interesting portuguese tomato rice thingy with loads of seafood. also had the toughest steak in the world. accidentally swallowed a piece (reflex) before i finished chewing, and it tore through my throat giving me a horrible horrible sore throat. i think it's bleeding inside and feeing my stomach with nutritious throat juice and tissue fluid. thank God i can't see inside myself.


...i wish you were here.

No comments: