Wednesday, February 11, 2004

maybe it's a mistake to have a blog. it's really taking up quite a bit of time that could be (more wisely?) spent on studying and building models. but i can't help it. maybe it's an addiction. maybe i've found a true outlet for my feelings. maybe it's a passing whim.... but whatever it is, i can't stop!!! here i am at 3.34am, waiting for my architecture photos to print and ploughing through yet another blog!

kay sent me a long sms message today. it made me feel very warm and brought a smile to my lips as i stood in the middle of the fine arts library. i realized suddenly that among all my friends, she's the only one who can invoke such a surge of joy in me, that after all that has happened, one message from her can still take wipe away my two days worth of sleepless nights. why are things like that? maybe now is a good time to click the link for yongchuan's blog and read his posting on the same day.

i took out my guitar for the first time in a month and played a few of my songs. it felt wonderful. having a song of your own is like having a personal sculpture, or a painting, that you can carry around in your mind wherever you go. i write my songs with simple melodies that do not require a bulky piano or guitar as accompaniment. thus they follow me every step i take, and sooth my mind when storms are brewing. i really love to sing. perhaps my preoccupation with my lack of looks and physical stature has kept me far away from the stage, but when i sing to myself, or to the people dear to me, i feel like there's something i can give, that there's a piece of myself that i'm sharing with my friends.

one day i will cut an album, and it will be for all the people who have touched my life.

cheers,
kenneth

No comments: