Sunday, February 01, 2004

why hurt people? why say things that upset others? i've listened to friends who have been snubbed, ridiculed, rejected, painfully criticised.... i've gone through lots of this too -- people making fun of my height, stabbing at my weaknesses.... and i can't say i've never done it either. when i was breaking up with kay, i said a lot of hurtful things to her. i questioned her integrity, i blamed her for betraying me and told her i would never love her again. yes, it made me feel vindicated, but not for a moment did i feel better about myself. i would lapse into hours of guilt and emotional discomfort, and yearn to hold her hand and apologise. yet why do i do it again and again? why can't i stop hurting someone who meant so much to me?

hmmm... well, this isn't a rhetorical qn.... i have no answers for myself, but i hope that whoever reads this can think about it, and maybe catch yourself before you let your words hurt another person again. especially if it's your friend. cos there isn't always time for us to apologize. there isn't always time to ask, "are you still angry with me?" or say, "i didn't really mean it that way," or even to make it up with a hug or a kiss. emotional scars take a long time to heal, and i don't know about you but it's much harder for me to forget a hurtful comment than a praise or encouragement.

so let's not let our words cut up someone else's heart anymore ok? doesn't work that way.

anyway, to all those people who tried skiing instead of snowboarding, well, you don't know what you are missing dudes..... i pity you people. hahahahahahaha.... snowboarding is SO fun!!! of course i almost broke my wrist and my back during my first lesson, but it's WORTH EVERY SINGLE CENT! and every single potentially broken bone. i will NEVER touch skis again. oh well, unless some cute girl asks me to, which is highly unlikely. till next time!

cheers,
kenneth

No comments: