Sunday, July 05, 2009

saturday and sunday. 4/7-5/7.

we can be shrewd businessmen, high-flying executives, record-breaking atheletes, but inevitably, there's one thing that can defeat us all, and that's love (or the lack of it).

now that i'm finally on the mend, a friend has just been dealt a cruel blow that makes my recent (ok not so recent) heartbreak appear like a walk in the park in comparison. why is it so hard for us to love someone, and why is it so hard for us to be loved?

but you know, at the back of my mind, there's a little voice telling me that actually, it isn't hard at all :)

alright since i'm going back to clementi camp (h1n1 hotspot) in just over an hour for my reservist training, let me list down all the things that make (made) an amazing weekend:

1. having 7 hours of sleep before my IPPT.
2. getting a silver for my IPPT and improving on my 2.4km timing by half a minute, with absolutely no training whatsoever. no more ippt for the rest of the year since it's impossible for me to get a gold.
3. SMS, and handphone chargers.
4. my beautifully imperfect family, and my beautifully imperfect house.
5. KTV at home. AT HOME!
6. street directories.
7. iluma filmgarde ticketing office, for providing replacement tickets when the original ones were disapparated(!) by the deceivingly sweet tomboy selling ice cream downstairs.
8. ron and hermione.
9. amy adams and emily blunt, and sunshine cleaners. and tearducts.
10. other people remembering where i park my car.
11. level 3A, terminal 3, carpark 3A, lot 38.
12. see-through toilets and not-so-see-through toilets.
13. WOHA design (iluma and crowne plaza hotel changi airport), and hotel cleaners who don't care about snoopy people taking snoopy photos everywhere.
14. mcdonalds being rich enough not to care whether people using their tables and chairs actually buy any food.
15. coffee.
16. being wide awake (and not alone. and not in camp) at six in the morning.
17. loud chinese music.
18. breakfasts at home.
19. 4-hour afternoon naps.
20. hort park, and our contingency-plan videoshoot that went spectacularly well because we are just so good. why are we so good? it's almost unfair.
21. s, for knowing exactly what is going on in my life right now, for being the perfect person to be ecstatic towards, and for being blissful (hopefully) enough right now not to be annoyed at my happiness.
22. my heart, for having enough space to store the little things that need to be kept safe (in the absense of time capsules, which often get lost anyway).
23. water heaters (even if they only last 5 minutes).
24. a day having only 24 hours, because otherwise what's there to seize?


and things that were regrettable:

1. not seeing the sun rise.


i love this blog. it means the world to me and i hope it makes you smile when you read it :)

No comments: