Saturday, May 24, 2008

Shortline Strikes Back!

just great. two days before i'm supposed to take the bus to nyc to get my parents, shortline workers decide to go on strike, cancelling all buses between cornell and nyc. and i only found out this morning. of course i don't blame them, since the company's probably being an asshole to the employees, but come on! why now? why not like, 25th or something!? i really don't see why the problems of the world have to become my problem too. i'm just an innocent cornell student -- i pay my tuition (kind of), i work hard (ok quite hard) in class, i am courteous, i don't spend too much money unnecessarily, i go to church, i take out the trash and wash the dishes, i try to smile whenever i can, and i don't go making life difficult for other people!

why make life difficult for me!

haha anyway. i found out at 5:07 that the last bus to depart ithaca today was greyhound, at 5:10. hence i am now in nyc with nothing on me except wallet, keys and hp. thank you so much katie for driving me down to the bus terminal with 0 seconds notice. and for helping me to finish up my laundry which i had no time to think about. that was crazy man. thank God the bus was a little late or else that's it liao. the greyhound bus driver was nice! he stopped at a mcdonald's halfway, pissing off half the bus and making the other half really happy. i was the other half. got my drink and mcchicken and fries and life became a whole lot better suddenly. thank God for mcdonalds.

and thank God for my dear friend yongchuan who once again became my innkeeper for the night. he's so nice to me! can't remember how many times i've slept over at his place without him even grumbling a little bit :) hope i can repay you one day man, anything just ask me k i will try my best!

i miss my family. so sad that meimei's not coming to see my graduation, but at least everyone else is. can't wait to see them at the airport! i better drive safely... somebody pray for me please! hopefully this will be a nice vacation for my family, and for me as well!

and come on shortline, please give your employees a little more money lah dun be stingy can.

1 comment:

car said...

tt time i was in paris also kena transport strike, which was worse cos that meant no metro and no buses... we almost had to walk half hr carrying our giant backpacks to the train station (and we were fortunate to live quite near to the train station). thankfully a taxi came by. best 7 euros I've spent ever. shit happens!