Thursday, May 22, 2008

I GOT AN F!

For the first time in my life, I have obtained an F for a course. and in the very last semester of my university career! i must admit, getting an F does not feel good at all. In fact, it feels absolutely shitty and definitely made me lose my appetite for at least two meals straight.

the consolation is that the F is quite temporary. turns out that the Game Theory course that i had dropped early in the semester was still reflected in my course schedule, and both the professor and the registrar thought i was taking it. i, of course, was totally clueless since i could have sworn i dropped it electronically after two lectures. so basically, at the end of the semester, the TA writes me an email saying that because i didn't take any of the exams they have to give me an F and i was like wth!#*&$#(*&!. i wrote to my registrar who's like well i guess you thought you dropped by our system doesn't show it so too bad! you can petition to drop the course next year.

and i'm like, dude, next year moi is in singapore can? alumni already can?

luckily, i remembered i had petitioned to take 11 credits this semester (as compared to 15 if i had taken this course) and i replied the registrar saying that since there are records of me taking only 11 credits, this has to be a mistake. and thank God she said ok fine, she'll drop it. and thank God I remembered to pray!

moral(s) of the story:

1. never assume, always check, whenever digital data is being handled.
2. prayer is powerful. absolutely powerful.
3. God is great.

1 comment:

jiunwei said...

That's one scary story, man. Thank goodness it got fixed in the end.