Tuesday, February 19, 2008

just amazing.

i just watched this video called Randy Pausch's Last Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. Randy Pausch is a computer science professor from Carnegie Mellon University, who is dying of pancreatic cancer. he is only 47 years old. last year he gave his last lecture at CMU, which has since been watched by millions of viewers (including me now). it's really moving, and it actually made me tear watching it! especially the last few minutes. i'm probably a little late in watching this video, but better late than never! 76 minutes of my life that i am very glad i spent. there's just something about having a dying man tell us how to be happy that makes me really hope that i will never allow myself to be sad or depressed in my life. so please watch it if you haven't, and tell me what you think about it.

hmm quite interesting that i actually wrote a post about being happy just before i watched this video. talk about confirmation!

No comments: