Wednesday, May 30, 2007

scientist

after proofreading sera's paper on nutrition and education (wah char also doing nutrition... what a small world!), i have concluded that God has been extremely kind to me by leading me away from a life in the scientific field. i remember that during my GEP orientation camp, i wrote down my aspiration as "scientist". as shuyun says, "heng." heng my art teacher Mdm Cheah "discovered" me in sec 3 and pressured me into taking art. heng i decided to take literature even though i got b3 in sec 2. otherwise i really would have become a scientist.

i don't know how anyone can find scientific papers interesting. but then again, i guess the point of scientific papers isn't for them to be interesting, but to be well, scientific and anal and world changing and all that. precisely why i am so not suited for science. OH but my boss at keppel now is really teaching me how to be anal. which, i guess, should be good for me since i have to start work in a year's time!

but anyway, so glad that my life is reasonably filled with art, literature and music, and that both my left and right brains have been lovingly nurtured all these years.

and if i manage to cease my procrastination, i might even cut an album. oh and since we're on this subject, i love coldplay's "scientist"! especially the music video. so cool.


No comments: