Tuesday, May 10, 2005

so at 11am on sunday i was already delirious after spending 12 consequtive hours making 3 grad night videos with a video editing software that i had never used before. and then i realized that the background music was too loud. for all of them. and my studio model wasn't done. so being the rational animal that i was, i decided that if i was going to waste 12 hours of precious studio time doing these videos, i might as well spend one more hour.

so yah. i was telling my prof how hard it was for me this weekend, and he's like, "priorities, kenneth." well, i wanted to tell him, " guess what, i actually prioritize, just not the way you want me to!" but i didn't cos i didn't want to kill my grades even further. but it's really true, studio professors think that for an architecture student, studio should be their TOP TOP priority. and it is, to a great extent. most of the time, relationships, extra-curricular activities, other classes etc etc will fall by the wayside while studio ploughs on like an old broken donkey, but there are times when you have to tell yourself, "dude, you need a life."

i'm proud of having spent time making those videos, and can't wait to show off to charlotte when she comes, but more importantly, i'm proud that i made a decision to do something that i would remember, to take some time off my horrible schedule for the benefit of others instead of just thinking of how that would affect my grades.

of course, i really hope too that my scholarship company would read this blog before terminating my scholarship when the transcript reaches them.



No comments: