Friday, January 21, 2011

Losing weight

Dear Kate,

It surprised me just how much weight XY had lost over her recent stay in the hospital. While massaging her legs, it seemed like my fingers would injure her if I pressed just a little harder. And looking at the golf clubs beside the bed reminded me that she was once such a strong woman, making her current state so painful to see.

For some reason, I was suddenly reminded about my own weight loss concerns. I've never had to watch my weight, but of late, without the daily punishment of having to cycle up a hill to go to school, my body has happily gone about accumulating embarrassing amounts of fats and making me more and more nervous about my impending wedding!

We are both struggling with weight loss, but I fear the day when I have to struggle with the kind that is beyond my control.

1 comment:

kate said...

Fear not for things beyond your control... Maybe kate and you can cycle up and down bukit merah hill:)