Wednesday, October 22, 2008

haircut

after promising myself every single day, for 2 weeks, that i was going to "cut my hair tomorrow", i finally did it! after lunch, at QB House, where haircuts are but 10 minutes long and everything is sterilized in microwave-oven-like contraptions that glow ultraviolet. the tv screen shows QB House ads over and over again, which is kinda silly and surreal at the same time, considering the fact that the potential customer who is watching said ad is actually already sitting there having his hair cut.

but i dutifully mesmerized myself with the tv, and in just about 10 min, my hair was cut. i was a little annoyed at being rudely snapped out of my reverie as the girl started vacuuming my head and face but come to think of it, it actually felt pretty nice. after i got out of the chair, she said, "come i give you a comb", and gave me a comb. huh!? too short to comb!

so anyway i went back to office looking different from what i was in the morning, and dropped my new comb into my pen holder. i'm sure it would come in handy sometime, perhaps as a weapon or something. i realize i haven't combed my hair for more than 5 years... no wait, make that 8 (army days + uni). i don't think i could handle a comb.

anyway, my new haircut being worth all of 10 bucks is nothing much to shout about, but i promise i'll look decent before you come back ok? :)

oh and i saw a geoduck today. awesome.

No comments: