Friday, October 07, 2005

Virginia!

for 3 years, i've seen that lone tree in arts quad turn red before any other tree. i guess it has been doing that for its entire life right? lynn tells us that she'd like to be like that tree. i don't know man...

cos it's also the first to go bare.


i am going to virginia! climb mountains. i want to look down from the top, and praise God for what he has created just for us. I want to feel the weight of the earth under me, and imagine the Earth's crust straining deep beneath those layers. I want to be healed. I want to feel my body working. I want to let go of my mind, to let it expand, reaching out into where nothing can keep it bound.

I want to feel water running down my throat, and be thankful for its taste. I want to experience trees without a rifle clutched in my hands. i want to live.


what if you were a rock, perched precariously at a ledge on a great mountain... which would impact you more, the fact that you're right up there above the clouds, or the fact that very soon, a gust of wind or a slight movement of the Earth would send you all the way down, probably reaching the base in much more than a single piece?

No comments: