Saturday, August 27, 2005

The price of love

It's CNY in Cornell! haha my mum, being like all other scholar mums, has once again loaded my luggage with delicious chinese new year goodies for my fall semester! got pineapple tarts and my faviourite BA KUA!!

it's still in my luggage though, will take out later to cut into little bite sized strips for me and my wonderful housemates who dunno how to also bring new year goodies to share. haha no lah kidding. don't bring don't bring lor, i can eat my ba kua i happy liao.

anyway the pineapple tarts almost finished liao lah. down here in Cornell, pineapple tarts are like little testimonies of 母爱 (mummylove), as are other things like po chye pills (for diarrhoea) and other traditional chinese goodies. of course, there's not only 母爱. there's also the "ah-ma 爱" (grannylove) and the "宝贝爱" (baobeilove), all of which contribute to many other food types like kit kat, milo satchets, sauces, instant noodles. and mooncakes!

which brings me to the conclusion that love is very fattening. love can, however, be burnt off by a determined regime of pull ups, soccer games and visits to the gym.

No comments: