Thursday, February 09, 2006

CNY!

i think i'm starting to like performing! last sunday during our CNY dinner, i went up to stage (ok not technically UP cos there wasn't really a stage) to perform a few songs with our newly formed and probably now defunct band which doesn't yet have a name, and i think it's really getting easier! In fact, I found it a lot more fun playing and singing my own song than other peoples' songs. Just remembering last year during SOS (singaporeans on stage), I was so nervous that I couldn't really put my heart into singing -- it was more of, are my chords right? am i getting faster? etc etc. But this time, with such a steady band, i could just go all out and ktv to my heart's content.

pretty glad that the song was well received... :) (who needs singapore idol right? hahahaha) but it would have been great if charlotte was there and i could dedicate the song to her instead of just telling her afterwards that i dedicated the song to her. (she wasn't really impressed.... sigh...) but anyway, i'm glad i can sing and write and draw and all that, cos sometimes you just feel so much about someone or something that your need to express goes beyond just saying I love you, or complaining to your best pal about a horrible breakup. You need to record it, to revisit it time and again, to exclaim it to everyone around you.

So this is more precious to me than being able to study or do math assignments or cook or play volleyball. sometimes i wish i were born a little later. 5 years ago, it would be inconceivable to even think about going into the music industry, but now it's such a big thing -- entertainment, expression, culture... you can be famous for just TRYING to be famous! of course, not that i'm going to take part in singapore idol. all i need is just one person who loves my songs, and can't wait for me to write more.

No comments: