Thursday, November 25, 2004

you know, it's amazing how they make the future great leaders, politicians, lawyers, engineers and architects of tomorrow work on desks the size of matchboxes. it's so bad that i can't place a book on my desk without having to shift my keyboard. sometimes i really do wish that cornell would come to an agreement with our dear benevolent ithacan landlords to provide better studying conditions in apartments -- i mean, how to think big if everything around me is tiny?

anyway, introductions are always besides the point.

point is, i have a huge pile of white rabbit sweets wrappers lying beside my keyboard, with only one of them actually containing a white rabbit. (not that white rabbits are actually supposed to be cuboid, sweet and chewy, with soluble rice paper around them... but yah) why? i don't know. maybe because i'm too lazy to throw them away; maybe because my wastepaper basket is too full; maybe because someone so special gave them to me that i can't find it in my heart to throw them away; maybe because space is there to be occupied; maybe because a messy table is a sign of genius.... ok the list obviously goes on, but what i'm trying to say is that strange things do happen. to the most normal of people.

and this is also the second time i've written this blog cos the first time i wrote it, my itchy fingers had to click on the insert picture button which cleaned off everything on the screen. the sad thing is that my browser actually prompted me with a "are you sure you wanna navigate away from this page you dumbass??" message which i promptly and most regretfully ignored. so there went half an hour of my time and now, being half an hour older and wiser, i've decided that i really need to get lunch. in a while.

watched band of brothers yesterday with meng aun. skipped the medic episode because i watched it before and i knew it was going to be depressing, and so ended up watching the breaking point episode which was equally, if not more depressing. it's funny how i actually expected 1 whole hour of war to be anything less (or more? double negatives can be so confusing) than heartrending. of course, i'm not going to start with this whole tirade of how movies have desensitized us to the atrocities of war, but really... looking at all the luxuries i have around me -- bite sized table, white rabbit sweets, expensive photo frames, messy bed -- and all those soldiers had were cigarettes, which are definitely LOW on my list of luxuries.

ok now that last white rabbit wrapper has lost its white rabbit. to my hungry gaping maw.

No comments: