Monday, May 10, 2004

Everybody moves on. A break up; a graduation; migrating overseas; quitting a job; losing a loved one.... everybody moves on.

It's not easy, but it's not that hard either. And after awhile, everyone realizes that. Graduation Night 2004.... everyone is having a good time taking pictures. Everyone watches the video with a sense of relaxed nostalgia, laughing hard at the funny photos, growing a little quiet at the touching ones, enjoying the excellent wine. In Junior College, almost all of us cried, or felt like crying. I didn't see anyone crying here.... only long, tight hugs that acknowledged 3 years of much more real and meaningful friendships that one could ever have had. 3 years of living together, going for vacations, of relationships made and broken, made again, of money matters, academic matters, house matters, all acknowledged and revisited within one tight hug. And then we all move on. We don't say that our friendships will last forever, because words are just words at the end of the day.

I'd like to say I've moved on as well. I keep what I can, and let go of whatever wants to go. I don't cling on anymore cos it works against gravity, and the gravity of time tugs really hard.

But I'll never forget, and I'll never stop loving. Have a good life, and may angels watch over you. :)

No comments: